background

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Cantigny by Day and Night

Last week we had some beautiful days and we thought we better take advantage of these last few nice days. So on Wednesday we went to Cantigny. Then on Thursday we went there because they had a special event at night in honor of Veterans' Day.
I know I couldn't believe Grammy climbed on the tank either. (although it was one of the smaller ones)
Mr. Matthew

He still gets into putting his hands in his pockets.

Okay, so when I tried to take a picture of all the lighted bags this is how it turned out. There were 2,200 lighted bags I believe and each represented 6 1st division army soldiers that have passed away since the Civil War.

Alright so I didn't take this picture but this is what I was trying to capture. It was really neat looking and you could walk among the rows. We were thinking it was supposed to look like Arlington National Cemetery.
Miss Molly enjoying the lighted bags.

Obviously, Matthew thought it was cool looking.

Papa and Matthew by a tank with jaws, claws, and eyes.

Getting down from one of those big tanks.

This one I used the flash for. The number 1 represents the 1st division of the army.

No comments: