Matthew had his first time ice skating this past Friday. He is in a hockey tots class, once he can skate without help he gets to use a hockey stick and shoot goals. I loved the helmet, I thought he looked like a bobble head. He did pretty well for the first time out. They had him push a chair around and he even skated without the chair to an instructor a few times. There was some crying but in his defense he didn't have a nap and one time he got stuck against the boards with his chair and none of the coaches noticed him for a few minutes so he got frustrated. His class had like 16 kids and 6 instructors which wouldn't be so bad but there were like 7 kids who never skated before and needed individual attention. The coach said the class before Matthew's only has 8 kids so he said we can come to that one. I think this would be good because he wants that individual attention to help him. He said he wants to go back next week so that's a good sign
This is how he spent a lot of the time since he is just learning.
This was before he started. I think he looks a little nervous.
First time on ice.
The coach was amused because Matthew was doing his new thing where he sticks his tongue out all the time. The coach looked at us and stuck his tongue out and laughed.




No comments:
Post a Comment